Thursday, April 1, 2010

The shredded page

You walked into the room and I forgot to breathe. It was that simple. My life from that day on would not belong to me anymore. I became part of another world. A chapter, a page of a strange, wonderful book. I simply ceased to be. Hours were seconds, minutes were months. Days were bathed with a strange light that filtered through unusual places. I absorbed your words and inhaled your thoughts. I did not feel my own skin. My voice sounded strange, it was soft and feeble and I panicked thinking you might not hear me. I became the ivy that clung to your walls, an unwelcome pestering weed that showed up at any time, in any season.

Through the veil of my obsession I could see what I was doing but was unable to stop. Invisible chains tied me down, I was afraid to make a movement and break the spell. The veil of my obsession blurred reality and I was startled when the book closed ... when the page I used to be was torned into tiny pieces and laid scattered upon your rug.

Copyright 2010
Photo by Weheartit.com

2 comments:

  1. Hauntingly beautiful..always so deep and stirring and vivid with feeling!
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kiki, what a friend you are! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete